Train from Oslo and Trondheim
The Nordland Line (Nordlandsbanen) is part of the Norwegian national railway service, and runs from Oslo and Trondheim via Mosjøen, Mo i Rana and Fauske to Bodø.
Train from Stockholm and Kiruna
The Ofot line (Ofotbanen) is an extension of the Swedish rail network to Narvik, with connections from Stockholm, Luleå and Kiruna in Sweden.
The rail companies offer cheap tickets, as well as specially discounted prices for students, national service personnel and senior citizens. Check out their websites in good time before you are due to travel. It is certainly worth it!
Bus from Sweden, Finland and Russia
There are no long-distance buses from southern Norway, but you can cross the border by bus from Sweden, Finland and Russia.
- Bodø-Skellefteå/Sweden runs all year round
- Karasjok-Rovaniemi/Finland runds all year round
- From the Nuorgam border (Norway/Finland) there is a connection all year to Rovaniemi
- A summer connection runs Rovaniemi-Tromsø
- A daily bus runs all year Kirkenes - Murmansk. A visa to Russia is required
This information is a guideline, and we cannot be held responsible for errors or changes.