Below we explain how and why we collect information about our visitors and users. Users‘ trust is important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy.
1. Preliminary provisions
2. Therefore we store information
We store information for several reasons:
- So that the system can recognize our users, in order to be able to use the services
- To have a confirmation of purchase/registration
- So that our users can register for our events
- For the targeting and removal of advertisements and editorial content that are relevant/irrelevant to you
- To be able to send you updated information about courses and conferences you have signed up for
- Develop and improve our services by understanding how they are used
- Processing of applications
3. We do not use the information for this
Information you provide to us is only stored in our systems. The information will not be sold on, and will only be used to provide you, the user, with more relevant information and better services.
Third parties (such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel) will be able to extract IP address and data based on your surfing patterns. We are obliged to ensure that these third parties process data in line with Norwegian regulations.
4. How the information is collected
It is logged which websites are visited, time, browser and from which IP address the visit originates.
User account registration
When registering a user account, we store e-mail addresses.
We can also store optional information such as full name and telephone number.
Registration for courses and conferences
When registering for our courses and conferences, we will only save the information you provide yourself when registering.
5. Information stored locally
We also include elements from third-party services such as Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and Google+, which load their own cookies that readers already have on these services.
5a. How do we store the data?
Data is stored at Dekode AS, which has the operating environment in Oslo. Backups older than 1 year are also stored offline, in a fireproof safe in Oslo. Passwords are stored encrypted.
5b. How long do we store the data?
Data is stored as long as the website is in operation.
6. Processing of personal data / cookies
Personal data will be stored in our database, processed and published in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data Act, and as stated below.
7. Data controller
Your personal data will be processed by Dekode AS, who is responsible for processing, and our IT suppliers for the purpose of providing services and to improve the services.
We also sometimes engage other companies to contribute to our development, and in such cases we may provide these companies with the information they need to carry this out. Furthermore, your personal data will not be disclosed to others without your consent, or we are legally obliged to disclose it.
Your personal data is stored within the EU/EEA area, and in accordance with Norwegian privacy legislation.
8. Registered profile data, access and correction
The information you provide yourself when registering (name, e-mail etc.) and when editing this profile is used to deliver and further develop the service, as well as for analysis and statistical purposes:
- You yourself register the information in our database.
- You have the right to request access to the information registered about you, and if it is incorrect or incomplete, you can have it corrected, supplemented or deleted. You can do this by contacting us.
- You have the right to request that your personal data be deleted from our databases. We accommodate this as long as the service you want to be deleted from does not have special requirements and reasons for taking care of your data.
- If we suspect grossly incorrect information in the user profile, we can delete your account without further proceedings.
The data subject’s rights also include:
- You have the right to request restriction of processing.
- You have the right to object to the processing.
- You have the right to data portability.
- You have the right to complain to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
9. How to prevent cookies from being stored
You can delete cookies from your hard drive at any time, but this means that your personal settings will disappear.
You can also change the settings in your browser so that it does not allow cookies to be stored on your hard drive. However, this results in poorer functionality on certain websites, can prevent access to pages that require logging in and make parts of the content and certain functions unavailable.
If you want control over which third parties use the technology for various purposes, we recommend tools such as Ghostery and Disconnect.
For more information about cookies and settings, we refer to allaboutcookies.org.
10. Contact information
Nordnorsk Reiseliv AS
Adresse: Postboks 1163, 9504 Alta
Telephone: +47 901 77 500